We welcome students, teachers, and chaperones to join us for a unique, educational journey through our gardens.
In 2019 we hosted over 4,000 students from around the world at our farm!
On this tour students will:
• Hear the history of Mari’s Gardens
• See where and how our produce is grown
• Explore several types of soil-less crop production systems
• Discuss the significance of Aquaponic and Hydroponic farming
• Learn about food security and what that means for Hawaii
• Experience STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) come to life through its relation to high-tech farming
• Engage in hands-on farm activities catered to each grade level
*Minimum of 15 students to book
*Please read FAQ for any questions you may have
- When are Educational Tours available?
- Educational Tours are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please use the calender on this page to check availability for specific dates.
- How long is this tour?
- This tour lasts approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- Do I have to book tours in advance?
- Yes. Tours must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We require cancellation notice at least 7 days prior to the tour. All tours and guides are weather permitting. For the safety of all our guests, tours are subject to cancellation if we are faced with unsafe weather conditions.
- How many students are allowed on this tour?
- We generally require a minimum of 15 students and a maximum of 75 students.
- Can our students eat lunch at Mari’s Gardens?
Yes, we have an area where students can sit and eat. Please feel free to bring home lunch for the students.